Pages

Monday 27 August 2018

My plane measuring maths

For Maths today we did some research and measuring on how far the planes flew and what made them fly worse or better.

1.Make an assertion (a thoughtful statement) on a variable that will affect flight distance.
2.Choose a basic design for your paper plane; then modify (change features of) this design to provide a variety of different models, based on your assertion.
3.Collect data by trialling each plane and recording the distance it travels alongside the variable you are testing.
4.Plot data on a graph to establish whether there is a relationship between the variables you are investigating. This can easily be done on Google Sheets. Whaea Rob will show you how to do this.
5.Check your assertion. Was your original idea correct?


The way you fold it is my assertion you have to fold it neatly and symmetrically especially on the folds like the wings and folding the paper at the start so the plane has equal weight on each side so it can fly properly.

For plane 2 I folded it side to side But on plane 1 I folded it from top to bottom and for plane 2 I did the wing fold twice instead of once for like number 1.

Conclusion: My conclusion is that it is better to fold it side to side than from front to bottom It will fly further, straighter, faster and overall better. I have got this information from the research I have done above and the research clearly shows that folding it like plane 2 is best

No comments:

Post a Comment